Each year, the Master of Arts Program in the Humanities (MAPH) welcomes a cohort of 100-120 students with varying academic and professional interests, an unusual mix of life experience, and significant academic promise.
|Round||Deadline||Admission Decision Notification|
|Round 1||January 4, 2021||March 2021|
|Round 2||April 30, 2021||June 2021|
|BA/MA||February 15, 2021||April 2021|
All MAPH applicants must submit the following materials:
- Online graduate application.
- Statement of academic purpose (No more than 1000 words, single spaced).
- Critical writing sample (10-15 pages).
- Three letters of recommendation from previous academic instructors.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
- $90 non-refundable application fee.
- International applicants may need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. Learn more about additional application requirements for international applicants.
Please note that MAPH does not require or accept GRE scores.
Additional Application Requirements
Students in The College may be eligible to participate in a BA/Master of Arts in the Humanities degree. Please refer to The College website for more information about the application process.
Applicants interested in the Classics Option must submit the above materials and a list of the Greek and Latin texts that they have read in the original, as well as all such texts they plan to read before matriculation.
Applicants interested in the Creative Writing Option must submit the above materials and an additional creative writing sample. The creative writing sample should be written in the proposed genre of study.
Two-Year Language Option
Applicants interested in the Two-Year Language Option (TLO) must submit the above materials and a supplemental document. In the supplement, applicants should indicate:
- which language(s) they would concentrate on
- academic and professional reasons for studying these languages
- how many years and at which institution(s) they have studied these languages