Each year, the Master of Arts Program in the Humanities (MAPH) welcomes a cohort of 90–100 students with varying academic and professional interests, an unusual mix of life experience, and significant academic promise.
|Round||Deadline||Admission Decision Notification|
|Round 1||January 3, 2018||March 2018|
|Round 2||April 30, 2018||May 2018|
|BA/MA||February 15, 2018||April 2018|
All MAPH applicants must submit the following materials:
- Online graduate application.
- Statement of academic purpose (No more than 1000 words, single spaced).
- Critical writing sample (10-15 pages).
- Three letters of recommendation from previous academic instructors.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test score (Institution Code 1832).
- $90 non-refundable application fee.
- International applicants may need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. Learn more about additional application requirements for international applicants.
Additional Application Requirements
Students in The College may be eligible to participate in a BA/Master of Arts Degree in the Humanities. Please refer to The College website for more information about the application process.
Applicants interested in the Classical Languages Option must submit the above materials and a list of the Greek and Latin texts that they have read in the original, as well as all such texts they plan to read before matriculation.
Applicants interested in the Creative Writing Option must submit the above materials and an additional creative writing sample. The creative writing sample should be written in the proposed genre of study.
Two-Year Language Option
Applicants interested in the Two-Year Language Option (TLO) must submit the above materials and a supplemental document. In the supplement, applicants should indicate why they are interested in the TLO and what langauge(s) they plan to study.